Careers at The Strand
Strand Book Store is always accepting applications for employment. Prospective employees must be at least 18 years of age and able to work full-time. Applications for staff positions must be submitted in person and can not be sent electronically. Applications are available in our store offices on the third floor of our main location (828 Broadway, corner of 12th Street). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:15am to 5pm. Entry-level positions are available on a regular basis; previous book selling experience or a literary background is preferable.
Bookstore Department Manager – The Strand Bookstore
The Strand Bookstore (www.strandbooks.com), an independent, family-owned bookstore in Union Square, is seeking candidates for multiple Department Manager roles within the store.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of management experience in a retail store environment and must have had proven success in managing and motivating staff.
- Prior experience working in a bookstore (REQUIRED) **Describe your bookstore experience in your cover email or letter.**
- Strong skills in retail technology
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to maintain positive, constructive attitude in all circumstances
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- College degree (preferred)
Some evening and weekend shifts are required (Store hours are M-Sat 9:30am-10:30pm and Sunday 11:00am-10:30pm.)
* Salary expectations must be included with your response.
**Resumes for the management positions listed below must be submitted to email@example.com. The Strand will not accept phone calls or resumes at the store. Salary expectations must be included in your cover email or letter. **