Join the Strand Book Store’s team as we serve Greenwich Village as a community bookstore with over 2.5 million used, new, and rare books housed within our four floors, a wide array of bookish gifts and goods, and fun literary events held almost every night of the week. We’re looking for exceptional book lovers with great customer-service skills, a desire to work with Strand’s visitors and guests, and and a preference for working amongst 18 miles of books.
Throughout the year, a variety of entry-level and professional career opportunities may become available. The Strand is committed to fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment with a staff as diverse as the 2.5 million books housed within our walls and the visitors who engage them.
Please note: the Strand receives many inquiries about employment. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all of them. If your skills and qualifications match our needs, we will contact you for an interview.
Current Openings:General Applications
Strand Book Store is always accepting applications for employment. Prospective employees must be at least 18 years of age and able to work full-time. General applications for staff positions must be submitted in person cannot be sent electronically.
Applications are available in our store offices on the third floor of our main location (828 Broadway, corner of 12 Street). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:15 AM to 5 PM.
Entry-level positions are available on a regular basis; previous book selling experience or a literary background is preferred.
Iconic Manhattan retail institution Strand Bookstore is seeking qualified candidates to lead our Marketing and Communications team. This key directing position is an integral part of Strand’s marketing and publicity efforts. Candidates should be comfortable implementing a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the Strand’s reputation as an ever evolving literary landmark.
Strand’s Communications Director sits at the midst of the design, events, merchandising and website teams. As such, the role requires superior analytical and communications skills and an understanding of the ever-changing book and publishing industries. The Communications Director is responsible for overseeing all traditional marketing channels as well as public relations, advertising, and business development opportunities. This person is also responsible for maintaining our brand and presence in the community, industry and online, as well as growing it.
- Oversee multi-channel marketing including email, social media, landing pages, etc. Be able to execute campaigns around book content, merchandise, events, and more.
- Pitch and work with publicists to source opportunities from authors such as dedicated content and exclusive photo-ops.
- Oversee and allocate co-op advertising budget with publishers.
- Seek out and manage business development partnerships with retailers and brands to grow recognition and drive sales.
- Act as a spokesperson and represent the Strand Book Store with consumer and business press.
- Manage and oversee Strand’s Quarterly Subscription Box program.
- Work closely with other teams to enhance the in-store customer and online shopper experience. Be able to project manage multiple teams at once to deliver on partnership promises and more. )
- Support the entire store in their initiatives and develop communication/marketing plans and programs to promote and publicize these activities.
- Manage and guide a team of three within the team.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Analytical: driven by data as well as by research and customer feedback
- Comfortable with Excel and Google Analytics at a minimum
- Proactive and resilient
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Unafraid of unknowns and challenges
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is ideal
- Experience and ease with public relations
- 2-3 years of work experience in a marketing capacity is strongly preferred