- Storytime: Strand staff read from a selection of children's books based around a common theme.
- Author Events: Children's book authors stop by to read a story and sign copies of their book.
- Character Visits: Each month, a book character visits the Strand.
- Character Visit: Frozen’s Elsa Visits Strand!
Saturday, February 28 @ 2-3pm
Sunday, March 1 @ 2-3pm
Winter is here and who better to celebrate the season with than the Frozen princess herself, Elsa! Her touch may be icy but she’s warmed our hearts with her love and joyful voice that’s second to none. Come join us for a very special storytime and crafts session with this beloved character.
- Storytime Theme: Inspire Your Heart With Art!
Saturday, February 28 @ 11am-12pm
Sunday, March 1 @ 11am-12pm
- Author Visit: Kirsten Hall + Dasha Tolstikova
Sunday, March 1 @ 12pm-1:30pm
Children’s book author Kirsten Hall and illustrator Dasha Tolstikova are coming to share their smash hit of 2014, The Jacket! The story of a girl, a book and her dog, this is a must for anyone who loves books and books about loving books. If you know the mania of seeing a favorite book dirty or broken, you’ll relate to the turmoil the little girl feels when her book is damaged by her dog, Egg Cream, and see the ingenuity in how she fixes it.
Kirsten will be reading and Dasha will lead a craft, which will guide everyone in making jackets for their favorite books! Don’t miss the presentation of what the Huffington Post named the Honorable Mention for “Most Charming Picture Book of 2014.”
This event is free and open to the public, and will be located in the Strand's 2nd floor Children’s Department at our store at 828 Broadway at 12th Street.
- Storytime Theme: Purim
Saturday, March 7 @ 11am-12pm
Sunday, March 8 @ 11am-12pm
- Storytime Theme: St. Patrick’s Day
Saturday, March 14 @ 11am-12pm
Sunday, March 15 @ 11am-12pm
- Character Visit: Sesame Street’s Elmo Visits Strand!
Saturday, March 21 @ 2-3pm
Sunday, March 22 @ 2-3pm
Making his way down Sesame Street and into our very own storytime is the always lovable Elmo. Spreading smiles and hugs along the way he decided to stop by and share in a few of his very own adventures. Come join us as one of the greatest characters the world over visits the Strand for stories and crafts!
- Storytime Theme: Sports
Saturday, March 28 @ 11am-12pm
Sunday, March 29 @ 11am-12pm