Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diarist
Tuesday November 22: 7:00PM – 9:00PM
A long time ago in a galaxy right here, Princess Leia first graced the silver screen. She has since grown into an icon, being turned into decorative figurines and Halloween costumes. Recently, the infamous Carrie Fisher found the journals she had kept during the filming of on the most legendary movies of all time: Star Wars.
Featuring excerpts from her handwritten journals from a pre-star teen as well as new views from a larger-than-life celebrity, The Princess Diarist invites readers into the joys and absurdities of Hollywood stardom. Join us at the main floor’s Buying Desk for a book signing!
The line for this event will start at 5:30pm in front of Strand on Broadway. Upon checking in with staff, you will receive a wristband. Upon entering the store, you will exchange the wristband for your book. A few things to note:
- No posed photos with Carrie will be permitted, only photos from the line.
- She will only sign copies of The Princess Diarist purchased at Strand Book Store; no purchases from other stores will be permitted. One book per person (with the exception of children under 12 travelling with adult supervision).
- Carrie will not sign memorabilia.
- Strand staff will cut off the line at 8:45pm to ensure that the signing is wrapped up on time.
- The maximum number of books per person is 5.
- The line will mostly be outdoors-- dress warmly!
- All rules outlined above are subject to change based on the needs of the event.