R for Everyone: Advanced Analytics and Graphics (Addison-Wesley Data & Analytics Series)
- Author: Jared P. Lander
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Published: December 2013
- ISBN-10: 0321888030
- ISBN-13: 9780321888037
- Format: Paperback
- Subject: COMPUTERS / Databases / General
Using the free, open source R language, scientists, financial analysts, public policy professionals and programmers can build powerful statistical models capable of answering many of their most challenging questions. But, for non-statisticians, R can be difficult to learn - and most books on the subject assume far too much knowledge to help them.
R for Non-Statisticians is the solution. Drawing on his extensive experience teaching new users through the NYC R User Group, professional statistician Jared Lander has written the perfect R tutorial for everyone who’s new to statistical programming and modeling. Offering extensive hands-on practice and sample code, Lander covers all this and more:
- Downloading, installing, and getting started with R
- Navigating and mastering the R environment
- Learning basic techniques, from control statements to data manipulation
- Importing data from SAS, SPSS, Stata, web sites, or elsewhere
- Performing essential statistical tests
- Building, comparing, and diagnosing models
- Developing your own R packages
- Connecting with and learning from the global R user community
By the time you’re done, you won’t just understand how to write R programs: you’ll be ready to use R to tackle the statistical problems you care about most.
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!