100 Ideas for Teaching Writing
- Author: Anthony Haynes
- Publisher: Continuum Intl Pub Group
- Published: May 2007
- ISBN-10: 0826483097
- ISBN-13: 9780826483096
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 5 X 7.75 X 0.5
- Weight: 0.3 lbs.
- Subject: LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Composition & Creative Writing
Pupils across the age range and across the curriculum spend an extraordinary amount of time writing, yet teachers often do not receive much training on how to teach writing. Pupils do not always develop confidence or fulfil their potential. This book shows teachers how to approach the teaching of writing so that they:
- Can teach writing as part of the whole curriculum and as a component of pupils' linguistic development
- Can teach writing as a process rather than just a product - the process includes: finding ideas, designing briefs, drafting, revising, polishing and presenting
- Use assessment as part of a cycle to improve pupils' learning and the teacher's planning
The book is full of practical tips including instant lessons, effective resources, and lists of dos and don'ts. Emphasis is put on providing pupils with a sense of purpose, opportunities to write for real and varied audiences, and experience of real life types of writing.
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!