10 Books Every Conservative Must Read: Plus Four Not to Miss and One Impostor
- Author: Benjamin Wiker
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing
- ISBN-10: 1596986042
- ISBN-13: 9781596986046
- Size: 9.1X5.9X1.3
- Weight: 1.3
If you care about restoring America's liberty, you must read this book.
Never has America's understanding of herself been more at risk than it is now. But if conservatives are to restore America, they need first to rearm themselves with the wisdom of true conservatism--and stepping up to the plate to offer just that is Dr. Benjamin Wiker.
Readers of his rollicking 10 Books That Screwed Up the World: And 5 Others That Didn't Help demanded this sequel, and now you have it--ten books that could actually make the world better, plus four bonus books not to miss, and a warning about one celebrated book that has unfortunately led some conservatives astray. In an easy, approachable format, you'll discover:
* how the United States is following what Friedrich Hayek warned was The Road to Serfdom
* why The Federalist Papers offer less help to us today than The Anti-Federalists
* how Alexis de Tocqueville predicted Americans could fall prey to a politician like Obama
* why Shakespeare was a conservative--and what he has to teach us
* how "family values" conservatism began with Aristotle in the 4th century B.C.
* the evil roots of liberalism: you'll find them in Ancient Greece and in a Christian heresy
* why J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is essential conservative reading--and why Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged isn't
Controversial, enlightening, and thought-provoking, Benjamin Wiker's 10 Books Every Conservative Must Read is sure to dominate conservative conversation for years to come.
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!