Alexis Gabriel Aïnouz: Just a French Guy Cooking
Monday September 24: 6:30PM – 7:30PM
French Guy Cooking is a YouTube sensation. A Frenchman living in Paris, Alexis loves to demystify cooking by experimenting with food and cooking methods to take the fear factor out of cooking, make it fun and accessible, and charm everyone with his geeky approach to food.
In this, his debut cookbook, he shares 100 of his absolute favorite recipes - from amazingly tasty toast ideas all the way to some classic but super-simple French dishes. Along the way, he shares ingenious kitchen hacks - six ways with a can of sardines, a cheat's guide to wine, three knives you need in your kitchen - so that anyone can throw together great food without any fuss.
Kitchen hacks include:
- Wine pairing for dummies (aka normal people)
- Crash courses in: ramen, Neapolitan pizza, a perfectly cooked steak
- 12 dried spices that will make you a chef
- 6 magical microwave winners… and 1 epic fail!
- How to chop an onion (the traditional way vs the street food method!)
- The 5 essential kitchen knives you need
- 6 French cheeses, and 21 alternatives from around the world
- How to fool everyone into thinking you are a French chef
Join us at the main floor buying desk as Alexis signs his book!
Please Note: One book purchase will be required per person for signing, max 2 per person.
Alexis Gabriel Aïnouz is a self-taught passionate home cook and food fanatic based in Paris, who is also the man behind the hit YouTube channel ‘Alex French Guy Cooking’ (over 750,000 followers). His love for cooking can be traced back to his grandparents, who both worked as chefs, and to childhood holidays he claims “opened my eyes to the diversity of things you can eat”. A self-confessed food geek, Alex isn’t afraid to try new things in the kitchen and discover the science behind his creations. Part of Jamie Oliver’s Food Family, he uses his YouTube channel to share recipes, hacks and tips with his fans.