Buy a copy of Consider This in-store to attend the signing. The line will begin at 2:30 pm outside our buying desk entrance on 12th street (off of Broadway).
CONSIDER THIS: Moments in My Writing Life after Which Everything Was Different is Palahniuk’s first book on writing and his first major work of long-form nonfiction. Its combination of memoir and insights into the writing life is reminiscent of Stephen King’s On Writing, and like that seminal text, may cause readers to rethink the author’s place in the literary canon.
In this spellbinding blend of memoir and insight, Palahniuk shares stories and generous advice on what makes writing powerful and what makes for powerful writing. With advice grounded in years of careful study and a keenly observed life, Palahniuk combines practical advice and concrete examples from beloved classics, his own books, and a “kitchen-table MFA” culled from an evolving circle of beloved authors and artists, with anecdotes, postcards from the road, and much more. Clear-eyed, sensitive, illuminating, and knowledgeable, CONSIDER THIS is Palahniuk’s love letter to stories and storytellers, booksellers and books themselves.
Join us as Chuck signs books on the Strand's main floor and celebrate a life in writing!
- Chuck will sign backlist titles as long as they are accompanied by a purchase of CONSIDER THIS. Chuck will sign 3 books per customer including the purchased copy of CONSIDER THIS.
- Chuck will not sign any memorabilia/posters/DVDs etc.
- Candid photos are allowed from the line.
- Posed photos are allowed. Customers must hand over their device to a bookseller who will take a photo.
- The line for this event will form at 2:30 PM on the day of the event, in front of Strand on Broadway (at 12th Street), rain or shine.
has been a nationally bestselling author since his first novel, 1996’s Fight Club
, was made into the acclaimed David Fincher film of the same name. Palahniuk’s work has sold millions of copies worldwide. He lives outside Portland, Oregon.