Secrets of Publishing Panel (with Deborah Landau + Susan Shapiro)
Tuesday May 21: 7:00PM – 8:30PM
Buy a copy of Deborah Landau's Soft Targets, Susan Shapiro's Byline Bible, or a $15 gift card in-store to attend. The event will take place in the Rare Book Room, on the 3rd floor of the Strand, accessible next door at 826 Broadway.
Doors open 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Join luminary editors, agents and authors to learn the inside scoop on publishing poetry, fiction, YA, nonfiction, essays & articles! Moderator Susan Shapiro, Susan Shapiro, New School writing prof and author of several books including the bestselling Byline Bible and Barbie: 60 Years of Inspiration, will join NYU Creative Writing MFA director Deborah Landau to celebrate Soft Targets, her fourth volume of poetry, along with a panel of agents, editors, and writers. Don't miss this exciting evening of advice and tips on the business of getting your voice heard, featuring:
- Noah Ballard, literary agent at Curtis Brown LTD
- Peter Catapano, New York Times editor and author of Modern Ethics in 77 Arguments
- Deborah Garrison, Knopf/Pantheon editor and author of The Second Child
- Dream Jordan, author of Love Me or Miss Me
- Literary agent Ayesha Pande
- Eli Reyes, Newsday opinion editor
- Deborah Landau, Guggenheim fellow and author of three collections of poetry
- Moderated by Susan Shapiro, bestselling author of Byline Bible & Barbie: 60 Years of Inspiration