6 Hour Guide to Protecting Your Assets
- Author: Martin M. Shenkman
- Publisher: JOHN WILEY & SONS
- Published: April 2003
- ISBN-10: 0471430579
- ISBN-13: 9780471430575
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 6 X 9 X 0.75
- Weight: 0.8 lbs.
- Copyright: 2003
- Subject: Personal Finance - General
By the time you're named as a defendant in a lawsuit ordivorce proceeding, it may be too late to protect your assets. Thetime to shield the hard-won fruits of your labor is now!Fortunately, protecting your assets can be much easier and far lessexpensive than you think. In this complete, practical, andeasy-to-follow guide, leading tax and estate planning attorney andbestselling author Martin Shenkman presents the steps you can andshould take to protect your home, your savings, and other assetsfrom creditors, litigants, and divorce.
Shenkman explains the essential concepts of protecting what youown from malpractice claims, lawsuits, and divorce. This bookoffers step-by-step guidance in determining which asset-protectionstrategies and techniques are right for you. You'll learnnumerous legal and effective methods you can use to:
- Protect your personal assets from business and professionalclaims
- Protect your assets and your heirs' assets fromdivorce
- Minimize your risk of lawsuits and other claims against yourassets
- Create limited partnerships and LLCs to protect yourassets
- Make your home-based business judgment-proof
- Use domestic trusts to protect against lawsuits
- Secure real estate and stock holdings against lawsuits
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!