- Author: Richard H. Beatty
- Publisher: JOHN WILEY & SONS
- Published: September 2003
- ISBN-10: 0471449261
- ISBN-13: 9780471449263
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 6 X 9 X 1
- Weight: 0.44 lbs.
- Copyright: 2003
- Subject: Careers - Job Hunting
Your resume is the most important tool you have for getting noticed by potential employers. It's the very cornerstone of a successful job-hunting campaign, and a great resume is the ultimate career booster. With clear step-by-step instructions, expert advice, and a variety of real-world examples, The Resume Kit, Fifth Edition will help you build a resume that gives you a leg up in your climb to the top!
Bestselling career guru Richard Beatty tells you how employers think, what they look for in a candidate, and how to mold your resume to let them know that you have what it takes to succeed. In this revised and updated Fifth Edition, he shares the latest techniques and thinking in resume writing for today's job market. Inside you'll find:
- An easy, step-by-step workbook approach that greatly simplifies resume writing
- More than 80 great model resumes and cover letters to choose from
- Proven guidelines for creating and posting online resumes
- Job-hunting techniques for the information age-including listings and descriptions of the 20 best career Web sites for posting your resume
- The common resume-writing myths-and the real facts to guide you
- Valuable advice for those with special problems-unemployed, recently fired, or too many jobs
- Detailed instructions for preparing the highly popular linear resume format
Packed with road-tested tips, easy-to-follow guidelines, and proven expertise, The Resume Kit, Fifth Edition will do for you what it has done for thousands of other job seekers-convince employers to pick up the phone and call you.
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!