101 Things You Didn't Know About The Civil War: Places, Battles, Generals--Essential Facts About the War That Divided America
- Author: Thomas Turner
- Publisher: Adams Media
- Published: June 2007
- ISBN-10: 1598693204
- ISBN-13: 9781598693201
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 5.5 X 6.25 X 0.75
- Weight: 0.48 lbs.
- Copyright: 2007
- Subject: HISTORY / United States / Civil War Period (1850-1877)
Do you know:
The name of the first state to secede from the Union?
The individual who could be considered the Mata Hari of the Civil War?
The Bible passage Southerners used most often to justify slavery?
You'll find answers to these intriguing questions and more in 101 Things You Didn't Know about the Civil War. Packed with fascinating details about the people, places, and events that defined our nations most contentious conflict, this tell-all guide reveals the inside scoop on the:
- Issue of slavery and its impact on the war
- Great?and not-so-great?leaders and generals
- Battles fought and lost?and fought again
- Particular horrors of this war
- Women, children, and African Americans in the war
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!