Antarctic Wildlife: A Visitor's Guide
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Published: May 2011
- ISBN-10: 0691150338
- ISBN-13: 9780691150338
- Format: Paperback
- Size: 8.46X6.09X0.7
- Weight: 1.16
- Copyright: 2011
- Subject: NATURE / Animals / Wildlife
Antarctic Wildlife is the definitive identification guide to the birds and marine mammals of the Antarctic Peninsula, Drake Passage, and Beagle Channel. This easy-to-use photographic field guide enables visitors to this unique region of the world--newcomer and seasoned traveler alike--to identify with confidence the penguins, whales, seals, seabirds, and other stunning wildlife they encounter on their journey. Full-color photographs show typical views of each species of bird or marine mammal, together with the terrestrial plants likely to be seen. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, give tips on where to look, and highlight interesting facts. This one-of-a-kind guide also includes introductory chapters that cover the wildlife of each Antarctic environment by season, as well as information on tourism and Antarctic cruising that will help visitors get the most from their trip.
Antarctic Wildlife is a must-have photographic guide for travelers taking the standard cruise from Ushuaia, Argentina, to the great white continent, and for anyone interested in the diverse wildlife found in this remote part of the world.
- Covers the wildlife of the Antarctic Peninsula, Drake Passage, and Beagle Channel
- Features full-color photographs throughout
- Describes key identification features and gives tips on where to look
- Includes an introduction to Antarctic environments and information on Antarctic cruising
No customers have written a review yet, write the first!